2010: The Year of the Homepreneur and the Home-Based Business
MADISON, Wis. (April 20, 2010)
The year 2010 could indeed be big for the home-based business movement in the U.S., as corporate bootstrapping, poor job growth and limited economic recovery drive more small businesses to consider working from home to cut operational costs. As the availability and low cost of online business management tools increases, companies like BizFilings, an online incorporation specialist, make it easier than ever to form a home-based business.
"We receive a good amount of business from home entrepreneurs who find our online incorporation tools and resources extremely useful," says Karen Kobelski, general manager of BizFilings. "While many of our 'homepreneurs' are only interested in our free online resources at first, many ultimately decide to partner with BizFilings for the added benefits our incorporation services offer to the home-based business. Trying to balance their work life with their home life is hard enough without the added pressure of keeping track of all the responsibilities that come with incorporation. They rest better at night knowing BizFilings is looking out for their business, too."
Five Trends Boosting the Home-Based Business Movement in the U.S.
- Avoiding unemployment: with job growth and recovery limited in 2010, many entrepreneurs will turn to self-employment and home-based businesses.
- Bootstrapping: many are working from home to help save costs and keep a positive cash flow.
- Operating costs: saving money on office space and commuting costs plus the availability of technology is making it easier for entrepreneurs to run businesses out of their home office.
- Online business tools and resources: are becoming more plentiful than ever, and services like BizFilings make it easier to form home-based businesses.
- Work/life balance: many are eschewing Corporate America to start their own entrepreneurial legacy.
For more guidance on the benefits of incorporating a home business, visit the BizFilings.com Learning Center at http://www.BizFilings.com/learn/incorporation-benefits.aspx.
BizFilings is a full-service, online incorporation service provider, offering small business owners a fast, easy and economical way to form a corporation, limited liability company (LLC) or other business structure online or by phone. BizFilings also offers a full range of business filing and compliance products, including nationwide Registered Agent service, helping keep businesses in compliance with state regulations. BizFilings can be found online at www.BizFilings.com. BizFilings is a part of Wolters Kluwer www.wolterskluwer.com, a leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer had 2009 annual revenues of €3.4 billion ($4.8 billion/£3.0 billion), employs approximately 19,300 people worldwide and maintains operations in over 40 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Latin America.