Growing from Entrepreneur to Serial Entrepreneur—What Does It Take to Succeed?
BizFilings Reports 27% of Entrepreneurs Incorporating Online Are Repeat Customers
MADISON, Wis. (June 2, 2010)
If small businesses are the workhorse of the US economy, serial entrepreneurs are the thoroughbreds of this class. Unlike one-time entrepreneurs, serial entrepreneurs are an elite group of highly motivated self-starters who will start a business endeavor time and time again, whether their last venture failed or succeeded. New research from BizFilings helps pinpoint the traits that make serial entrepreneurs successful, offering valuable clues to entrepreneurs hoping to repeat their success in other ventures.
“At BizFilings, we work hard to foster relationships with serial entrepreneurs,” says Karen Kobelski, general manager of BizFilings. “These individuals are value-driven, time-starved and empowered to succeed, which is why so many entrepreneurs return to www.BizFilings.com when they’re ready to launch a new small business—we’re proud of our 27 percent reformation rate. Many of our clients are on their fourth or fifth small business launch with BizFilings as they appreciate our ability to save them time and money without sacrificing on service. Because at the end of the day, that’s what matters—they know they can trust us to do our job.”
Indicators You’ve Got What It Takes to Be in the BizFilings 27th Percentile
- You’re experienced. Most successful serial entrepreneurs worked as employees at other companies before launching their own.
- You’re married. Serial entrepreneurs are more likely to be married than not.
- You’re educated. The vast majority of repeat entrepreneurs have a bachelor’s degree.
- You’re motivated. Most serial entrepreneurs signal the desire to build wealth, own their own company and capitalize on a business idea as the number one reason for forming a new business venture.
- You’re a parent. The majority of serial entrepreneurs had at least one child when they launched their first business.
Visit the BizFilings.com Learning Center for more information about the potential liabilities and benefits of incorporating your new business online with BizFilings.
BizFilings is a full-service, online incorporation service provider, offering small business owners a fast, easy and economical way to form a corporation, limited liability company (LLC) or other business structure online or by phone. BizFilings also offers a full range of business filing and compliance products, including nationwide Registered Agent service, helping keep businesses in compliance with state regulations. BizFilings can be found online at www.BizFilings.com. BizFilings is a part of Wolters Kluwer, www.wolterskluwer.com, a leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer had 2009 annual revenues of €3.4 billion ($4.8 billion/£3.0 billion), employs approximately 19,300 people worldwide and maintains operations in over 40 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Latin America.