Receive Licensing, Permit and Tax Registration Applications Instantly

There are over 19,000 licensing, permit and tax registration jurisdictions that could apply to your business at the federal, state, local and regional levels, and it’s easy to get lost researching each one. Our tool performs the research in real-time and takes you straight to the ones you need instantly, so you can focus on running your business.

How the Wizard Works

You provide basic information about your business, and we do the rest:

  • Research all licensing and permit requirements at every level (including general, specialty and regulated businesses) as well as tax registrations (sales tax, use tax, withholding tax, etc.)
  • Provide a free preview listing the number of licenses, permits and tax registrations might be relevant to your business - you'll have the option to purchase the full report delivered via email
  • Send you an email with links, instructions and applicable documentation for every application, along with contact information for each respective licensing authority


In most states, both sole proprietorships and incorporated businesses need some sort of license to comply with mandates for safety, soundness and taxation. Requirements vary by industry, locality, and the way in which business is transacted. Failure to obtain proper licensing could leave you with pricey penalties or a lack of legal protection.

NOTE: You cannot incorporate your business through this tool, but we offer that service too!
A common misconception is that the obtainment of licensing turns your company into an LLC, corporation, or other official entity with the state. If you'd like to incorporate, visit our Incorporation Options page.

NOTE: Certain industries are highly regulated by government agencies, and often incur greater licensing requirements.
Examples of highly regulated industries are agriculture, animal related, gambling/gaming, education, daycare, explosives & firearms, etc. In such cases, we recommend using our Business License Application Package.

Related Services

The item that’s most commonly needed for tax registration is a federal Employer ID Number (FEIN or EIN), also called a federal tax ID. The EIN is issued by the IRS as a unique identifier for your business, much like a social security number.

Federal Tax ID (EIN) Obtainment

Need Help?


Chef Randall video

Tools to Help You Choose

We have resources to help you understand your options.

Guide to Incorporation

Learn what to expect when you're incorporating.

Guide to Incorporating - Download Free PDF