Plan for success
Building a smart business plan can be the most important factor to ensuring the success of your business, helping you determine and communicate financial outcomes, business goals and the best ways to achieve them.
Why it’s important
Many investors want to know the "ins and outs" of your business. Your business plan needs to explain your products and services, markets, competition, industry, operations and opportunities. Without a solid plan, business owners can lose focus, market share, customers, money and potential investors. Palo Alto’s Business Plan Pro software includes step-by-step guidance for creating a comprehensive business plan for your own use or to share with others.
Software features & benefits
You don't need any special business expertise to use Business Plan Pro. Also, it’s customized for you. Just answer the questions about your business and get a plan that’s right for you. Business Plan Pro is easy to use and includes:
- Professional-looking plans. Business Plan Pro produces great looking plans that get results. The plans are in the preferred format of banks, investors and SBA lenders.
- Financials made easy. Business Plan Pro’s wizards guide you through creating your financial forecasts. Enter the data for your company and the software does the calculations.
- Built-in research data. Use the industry profile data to make and back up the projections for your business. More than 9,000 industry profiles are included in Business Plan Pro.
- 500+ sample business plans. More than 500 sample business plans are included. You can compare your work to other successful plans. You can also edit a sample plan to help you get past writer’s block.
- Easy export. Simply export your plan to Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint. You can also export to Adobe PDF, making it easy to share your plan or include it in presentations.
- Expert guidance. Business Plan Pro includes easy-to-follow instructions and provides examples with every step. This software is packed with features and advice to help you create a winning plan.
- IBM-compatible Pentium or higher (either 32 bit or 64 bit)
- Windows 7, Vista, XP Service Pack 2 or 2000 Service Pack 4
- 100 MB free hard disk space
- Minimum SVGA (800x600) monitor with 256 colors (1024x768 with 16-bit color or higher recommended)
- CD-ROM or DVD Drive
- Internet connection to use Business Plan Pro’s optional Internet-enabled features
- Printer to print your plan
When starting a business, writing a business plan may seem like a daunting, or even impossible task. The tips, examples and advice included throughout Palo Alto's Business Plan Pro make creating a winning business plan easier than you think.
Keep in Mind
You don’t have to reinvent the wheel when creating your business plan. Reviewing other business plans can help you determine the information and data you need to include for your particular business.