Each state has different requirements for forming a limited liability company (LLC). Whether you are starting a business or incorporating a business already in existence, you'll want to understand the state requirements for LLC formation.
Cost to form an Idaho LLC
At BizFilings, we clearly outline our fees and the Idaho state fees. When you view our pricing to form an LLC you plainly see:
Form an Idaho LLC Incorporation Options
- BizFilings’ package prices. BizFilings offers three incorporation service packages from which you can choose.
- State fee for standard turn-around. Our pricing clearly shows the state fee to form an LLC in Idaho with standard turn-around.
- Expedited turn-around. You will see the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for expedited turn-around.
- Certified copy. Our pricing also clearly displays the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for issuing a Certified Copy of the Certificate of Organization.
The name of a LLC must end with "Limited Liability Company," "Limited Company," "Ltd. Co.," "L.C.," "LC," "LLC" or "L.L.C." It may not contain any word or phrase indicating or implying the LLC is organized for any purpose other than one or more of the purposes contained in its Certificate of Organization. It may not be the same as or deceptively similar to that of a domestic or a qualified foreign LLC or a reserved name, with qualified exceptions. The words "Engineer" and "Survey" require approval by the state's engineering board.
The following are Idaho’s requirements for the members/managers of LLCs:
- Minimum number. LLCs must have one or more members/managers.
- Residence requirements. Idaho does not have a provision specifying where directors must reside.
- Age requirements. Idaho does not have age requirements.
- Inclusion in the Certificate of Organization. Member/Manager names and addresses are required to be listed in the Certificate of Organization.
Requirements for the Certificate of Organization
The document required to form an LLC in Idaho is called the Certificate of Organization. The information required in the formation document varies by state. Idaho's requirements include:
Idaho Registered Agent Service
- Registered agent. LLCs must list the name and address of a registered agent with a physical address (no post office boxes) in Idaho. The registered agent must be available during normal business hours to accept important legal and tax documents for the business.
Professional services businesses
Idaho allows professionals, such as accountants, attorneys and physicians, to form a professional limited liability company (PLLC).
Additional Idaho information
View the following additional resources BizFilings has for forming and maintaining companies in Idaho:
Explore BizFilings' Services