Mail Forwarding Service

Information on obtaining a Delaware or Nevada address your company can use for receipt of business and personal mail.

Mail Forwarding FAQs

If BizFilings is my registered agent, do I need Mail Forwarding Service?

BizFilings’ Registered Agent Service includes the receipt and forwarding of official documents and tax notices received for your company from the Secretary of State, Department of State, Department of Revenue, or other official state agencies. It does not include the receipt and forwarding of personal or commercial mail.

If you would like an address to list as your business address for receipt of personal and commercial mail, you will need to subscribe to Mail Forwarding Service.

Back to Top

What information is required?

The United States Postal Service (USPS) imposes strict requirements on legitimate mail receiving agencies and the customers who utilize Mail Forwarding Service. Each customer must complete and sign USPS Form 1583 (Application for Delivery of Mail Through Agent) and must provide two valid forms of identification, one of which must include a picture. The most common forms of identification provided are a passport and driver's license.

You will receive Form 1583 from the Mail Forwarding provider once you undertake the activation of your Mail Forwarding Service directly with them.

Back to Top

How long does the process take?

For Delaware and Nevada, once you have completed the necessary USPS Form 1583, provided two valid forms of identification and established with a Mail Forwarding provider how and how often you would like your mail forwarded, the process typically takes 2-3 business days before you can begin receiving mail at your designated Mail Forwarding Service address.

Back to Top

What will my mail forwarding address be?

The address will be a physical street address as required by the state of Delaware and Nevada. Your Mail Forwarding provider will establish your address.

Back to Top

Are there limits on how much mail I can receive?

Limitations on package sizes and number of pieces of mail you can receive vary by the Mail Forwarding provider.

Back to Top

Will Mail Forwarding providers sign for mail or packages on my behalf?

Yes, Mail Forwarding providers will sign on your behalf for mail and packages received via FedEx, UPS and United States Postal Service (USPS).

Back to Top

What if I need to change my address or need my mail held?

If the address you have on record with your Mail Forwarding provider changes, notify them directly so that your contact information can be changed in their system. Likewise, if you need your mail held for a certain period of time, contact them directly in order to make the appropriate hold arrangements.

Back to Top

Need Help?


Cheeky Monkey video

Tools to Help You Choose

We have resources to help you understand your options.

Guide to Incorporation

Learn what to expect when you're incorporating.

Guide to Incorporating - Download Free PDF