Each state has different requirements for forming a limited liability company (LLC). Whether you are starting a business or incorporating a business already in existence, you'll want to understand the state requirements for LLC formation.
Cost to form a Mississippi LLC
At BizFilings, we clearly outline our fees and the Mississippi state fees. When you view our pricing to form an LLC you plainly see:
Form a Mississippi LLC Incorporation Options
- BizFilings’ package prices. BizFilings offers three incorporation service packages from which you can choose.
- State fee for standard turn-around. Our pricing clearly shows the state fee to incorporate in Mississippi with standard turn-around.
- Expedited turn-around. You will see the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for expedited turn-around.
- Certified copy. Our pricing also clearly displays the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for issuing a Certified Copy of the Certificate of Formation.
The LLC name must end with "Limited Liability Company," "LLC" or "L.L.C." The word "Partner" or variations cannot be used in the name of an LLC. The word "Trust" also cannot be used. The name may not contain language stating or implying that the LLC is organized for a purpose other than the one permitted by the Certificate of Formation. The name cannot be the same as or deceptively similar to that of a domestic or foreign-qualified LLC.
The following are Mississippi’s requirements for the members/managers of LLCs:
- Minimum number. LLCs must have one or more members/managers.
- Residence requirements. Mississippi does not have a provision specifying where members/managers must reside.
- Age requirements. Directors must be at least 18 years old.
- Inclusion in the Certificate of Formation. Member/Manager names and addresses are not required to be listed in the Certificate of Formation.
Requirements for the Certificate of Formation
The document required to form an LLC in Mississippi is called the Certificate of Formation. The information required in the formation document varies by state. Mississippi's requirements include:
Mississippi Registered Agent Service
- Registered agent. LLCs must list the name and address of a registered agent with a physical address (no post office boxes) in Mississippi. The registered agent must be available during normal business hours to accept important legal and tax documents for the business.
Professional services businesses
Mississippi allows professionals, such as accountants, attorneys and physicians to form a professional limited liability company (PLLC).
Additional Mississippi information
View the following additional resources BizFilings has for forming and maintaining companies in Mississippi:
Explore BizFilings' Services