Each state has different requirements for forming a limited liability company (LLC). Whether you are starting a business or incorporating a business already in existence, you'll want to understand the state requirements for LLC formation.
Cost to form a North Dakota LLC
At BizFilings, we clearly outline our fees and the North Dakota state fees. When you view our pricing to form an LLC you plainly see:
Form a North Dakota LLC Incorporation Options
- BizFilings’ package prices. BizFilings offers three incorporation service packages from which you can choose.
- State fee for standard turn-around. Our pricing clearly shows the state fee to incorporate in North Dakota with standard turn-around.
- Expedited turn-around. You will see the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for expedited turn-around.
- Certified copy. Our pricing also clearly displays the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for issuing a Certified Copy of the Articles of Organization.
The LLC name must end with "Limited Liability Company," "LLC" or "L.L.C." It may not contain words implying the LLC is incorporated for a purpose other than that outlined in the Articles of Organization. The name may not be the same as or deceptively similar to the name of a domestic or foreign LLC, corporation, limited partnership, reserved name, registered fictitious name, or trade name unless consent is given.
The following are North Dakota’s requirements for the members/managers of LLCs:
- Minimum number. LLCs must have one or more members/managers.
- Residence requirements. North Dakota does not have a provision specifying where members/managers must reside.
- Age requirements. North Dakota does not have age requirements.
- Inclusion in the Articles of Organization. Member/Manager names and addresses are not required to be listed in the Articles of Organization.
Requirements for the Articles of Organization
The document required to form an LLC in North Dakota is called the Articles of Organization. The information required in the formation document varies by state. North Dakota's requirements include:
North Dakota Registered Agent Service
- Registered agent. LLCs must list the name and address of a registered agent with a physical address (no post office boxes) in North Dakota. The registered agent must be available during normal business hours to accept important legal and tax documents for the business.
Professional services businesses
North Dakota allows professionals, such as accountants, attorneys and physicians, to form a professional limited liability company (PLLC).
Additional North Dakota information
View the following additional resources BizFilings has for forming and maintaining companies in North Dakota:
Explore BizFilings' Services