Each state has different requirements for forming a limited liability company (LLC). Whether you are starting a business or incorporating a business already in existence, you'll want to understand the state requirements for LLC formation.
Cost to form an Oregon LLC
At BizFilings, we clearly outline our fees and the Oregon state fees. When you view our pricing to form an LLC you plainly see:
Form an Oregon LLC Incorporation Options
- BizFilings’ package prices. BizFilings offers three incorporation service packages from which you can choose.
- State fee for standard turn-around. Our pricing clearly shows the state fee to incorporate in Oregon with standard turn-around.
- Expedited turn-around. You will see the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for expedited turn-around.
- Certified copy. Our pricing also clearly displays the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for issuing a Certified Copy of the Articles of Organization.
The name of a LLC must end with "Limited Liability Company," "LLC" or "L.L.C." The name must be distinguishable from the name of any LLC, reserved name, registered name or assumed business name. The name must be comprised of the English letters "a" through "z." The name shall not contain the word "Cooperative" or include words in parentheses. The word "Association" cannot be used in an LLC name. If a company uses the words "Bank," "Banc" or "Bancorp," the company must be a bank and approval of the name is needed from the Department of Banking.
The following are Oregon’s requirements for the members/managers of LLCs:
- Minimum number. LLCs must have one or more members/managers.
- Residence requirements. Oregon does not have a provision specifying where members/managers must reside.
- Age requirements. Oregon does not have age requirements.
- Inclusion in the Articles of Organization. Member/Manager names and addresses are required to be listed in the Articles of Organization.
Requirements for the Articles of Organization
The document required to form an LLC in Oregon is called the Articles of Organization. The information required in the formation document varies by state. Oregon's requirements include:
Oregon Registered Agent Service
- Registered agent. LLCs must list the name and address of a registered agent with a physical address (no post office boxes) in Oregon. The registered agent must be available during normal business hours to accept important legal and tax documents for the business.
Professional services businesses
Oregon does not allow professionals, such as accountants, attorneys and physicians, to form a professional limited liability company (PLLC).
Additional Oregon information
View the following additional resources BizFilings has for forming and maintaining companies in Oregon:
Explore BizFilings' Services