Each state has different requirements for forming a limited liability company (LLC). Whether you are starting a business or incorporating a business already in existence, you'll want to understand the state requirements for LLC formation.
Cost to form a Pennsylvania LLC
At BizFilings, we clearly outline our fees and the Pennsylvania state fees. When you view our pricing to form an LLC you plainly see:
Form a Pennsylvania LLC Incorporation Options
- BizFilings’ package prices. BizFilings offers three incorporation service packages from which you can choose.
- State fee for standard turn-around. Our pricing clearly shows the state fee to incorporate in Pennsylvania with standard turn-around.
- Expedited turn-around. You will see the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for expedited turn-around.
- Certified copy. Our pricing also clearly displays the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for issuing a Certified Copy of the Articles of Organization.
Pennsylvania LLC name requirement
The LLC name must end with "Limited Liability Company," "Limited Company" "Ltd.," "Co.," "LLC" or "L.L.C." It may be in any language but must be expressed in English letters or characters or Arabic or Roman numerals. It must be distinguishable from the name of any domestic or foreign LLC registered in the state. Use of words such as (but not limited to) "Bank," "Bond," "Endowment," "Insurance," "Survey," "Title" and "Trust" require approval by the appropriate state department or agency.
The following are Pennsylvania’s requirements for the members/managers of LLCs:
- Minimum number. LLCs must have one or more members/managers.
- Residence requirements. Pennsylvania does not have a provision specifying where members/managers must reside.
- Age requirements. Pennsylvania does not have age requirements.
- Inclusion in the Articles of Organization. Member/Manager names and addresses are not required to be listed in the Articles of Organization.
Requirements for the Articles of Organization
The document required to form an LLC in Pennsylvania is called the Articles of Organization. The information required in the formation document varies by state. Pennsylvania's requirements include:
Pennsylvania Registered Agent Service
- Registered agent. LLCs must list the name and address of a registered agent with a physical address (no post office boxes) in Pennsylvania. The registered agent must be available during normal business hours to accept important legal and tax documents for the business.
Professional services businesses
Pennsylvania allows professionals, such as accountants, attorneys and physicians, to form a professional limited liability company (PLLC).
Additional Pennsylvania information
View the following additional resources BizFilings has for forming and maintaining companies in Pennsylvania:
Explore BizFilings' Services