Restrictions on Firing Employees in Arizona
Employers in Arizona are subject to these state rules that restrict firing employees under certain circumstances.
Arizona laws make it unlawful for an employer to:
- refuse to allow employees time off to serve on jury duty or to vote
- deny equal employment opportunity
- fire an employee who files a workers' compensation claim or whose wages are withheld for child support
- retaliate against an employee who files a safety or wage complaint
- violate protections for veterans and reservists