Arkansas Minimum Wage Law
Employers in Arkansas must conform with these state rules regarding the minimum wage paid to employees.
The minimum wage rate in Arkansas is $6.25 per hour.
The minimum wage and overtime law applies to employers with four or more employees.
The following employees are not covered by the minimum wage law:
- those covered by the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- executive, administrative or professional employees
- outside salespersons
- students working for schools they attend
- federal or state employees (except public school employees)
- forestry employees
- volunteers for nonprofit organizations
- independent contractors
- some agriculturally connected employees
- certain nonprofit child welfare agency employees who serve as houseparents
- newspaper deliverers to retail subscribers
- certain workers connected with the publication of local circulation newspapers
- home workers making wreaths composed principally of natural holly, pine, cedar, or other evergreens or harvesting these for wreath making
- domestic service employees employed on a casual basis who provide babysitting services or companionship for services for the elderly or infirm