Missouri Minimum Wage Law
Employers in Missouri must conform with these state rules regarding the minimum wage paid to employees.
Effective January 1, 2014, the minimum wage rate in Missouri is $7.50 per hour ($7.35 per hour for 2013).
Retail or service businesses with gross annual sales or business of less than $500,000 are exempt.
In addition, the minimum wage provisions in Missouri do not apply to:
- agricultural employees or employers
- executive, administrative or professional employees
- foster parents
- employees covered by the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- camp employees
- certain educational organization employees
- persons with disabilities employed in sheltered workshops
- babysitters and companions
- employees covered by Part I of the Interstate Commerce Act
- golf caddies and newspaper delivery persons
- commissioned salespersons
- federal employees
- some retail or service business employees
- local newspaper employees