Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Law
Employers in Pennsylvania must conform with these state rules regarding the minimum wage paid to employees.
The minimum wage rate in Pennsylvania is $7.25 per hour.
Employees are covered by Pennsylvania's minimum wage and overtime law, except the following:
- farm laborers
- domestic servants
- persons delivering newspapers to consumers
- certain newspaper employees
- executives, professionals, administrators and outside salespersons
- volunteer educational, religious or charitable workers
- certain seasonal employees
- employees in certain amusement or recreational establishments
- golf caddies
- telephone company switchboard operators
- employees not subject to civil service laws — elective office holders, their staff members or advisers.