Michigan Wage and Hour Recordkeeping Requirements
Employers in Michigan must conform with these state rules relating to wage and hour recordkeeping requirements.
Michigan employers must keep records for each employee for three years.
The records kept must contain:
- the employee's name, address, birth date and occupation;
- total daily hours worked;
- total hours worked per pay period;
- total hours worked per workweek when workweek and pay periods do not coincide;
- total wage per hour, day or week; and
- deductions and credits taken for meals, tips and/or lodging.