Wisconsin Wage and Hour Recordkeeping Requirements
Employers in Wisconsin must conform with these state rules relating to wage and hour recordkeeping requirements.
Employers in Wisconsin must make and keep for at least three years payroll or other records for each of its employees containing the following information:
- name and address;
- date of birth;
- the dates of entry and leaving employ;
- the time of beginning and ending of work each day and each meal period;
- the total number of hours worked per day and per week;
- the rate of pay and wages paid each payroll period;
- itemized deductions; and
- the output of the employee, if paid on other than a time basis.
Special recordkeeping requirements apply to workers with disabilities and student learners.