Each state has different requirements for forming a limited liability company (LLC). Whether you are starting a business or incorporating a business already in existence, you'll want to understand the state requirements for LLC formation.
Cost to form a Wyoming LLC
At BizFilings, we clearly outline our fees and the Wyoming state fees. When you view our pricing to form an LLC you plainly see:
Form a Wyoming LLC Incorporation Options
- BizFilings’ package prices. BizFilings offers three incorporation service packages from which you can choose.
- State fee for standard turn-around. Our pricing clearly shows the state fee to incorporate in Wyoming with standard turn-around.
- Expedited turn-around. You will see the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for expedited turn-around.
- Certified copy. Our pricing also clearly displays the BizFilings and state fee, if any, for issuing a Certified Copy of the Articles of Organization.
The LLC name must end with "Limited Liability Company," "Limited Company," "Ltd. Co.," "LC," "LLC" or "L.L.C." The name of the LLC may not contain language implying a different purpose from the purpose or purposes in the Articles of Organization. The name shall not be the same as or similar to the name of any domestic or foreign LLC, trade name, trademark or service mark registered in this state, corporation, statutory trust company, limited partnership or other business entity. Use of the word "Trust" is restricted. Use of the words "Academy," "Education," "University" and "School" requires approval by the Department of Education.
The following are Wyoming’s requirements for the members/managers of LLCs:
- Minimum number. LLCs must have one or more members/managers.
- Residence requirements. Wyoming does not have a provision specifying where members/managers must reside.
- Age requirements. Wyoming does not have age requirements.
- Inclusion in the Articles of Organization. Member/Manager names and addresses are required to be listed in the Articles of Organization.
Requirements for the Articles of Organization
The document required to form an LLC in Wyoming is called the Articles of Organization. The information required in the formation document varies by state. Wyoming's requirements include:
Wyoming Registered Agent Service
- Registered agent. LLCs must list the name and address of a registered agent with a physical address (no post office boxes) in Wyoming. The registered agent must be available during normal business hours to accept important legal and tax documents for the business.
Professional services businesses
Wyoming allows professionals, such as accountants, attorneys and physicians, to form a professional limited liability company (PLLC).
Additional Wyoming information
View the following additional resources BizFilings has for forming and maintaining companies in Wyoming:
Explore BizFilings' Services