After forming a limited liability company (LLC), you must undertake certain steps on an ongoing basis to keep your business in compliance. These steps are also important in preserving the limited liability an LLC provides its owner(s). This guide outlines the ongoing requirements for Wyoming LLCs.
Wyoming requires LLCs to keep the following with the registered agent or to file directly with the state:
- The name, address and phone number of the person who is authorized to receive communications from the registered agent.
- The names and addresses of current members and managers, if the LLC is manager-managed.
LLC taxes and fees
The following are taxation requirements and ongoing fees for Wyoming LLCs:
- Annual report. Wyoming requires LLCs to file an annual report on or before the first day of the anniversary month of the LLC’s incorporation. The cost is $50 or two-tenths of 1 mill on the dollar ($.0002), whichever is greater, based on the portion of the LLC's assets located and employed in Wyoming.
- Taxes. For complete details on state taxes for Wyoming LLCs, visit Business Owner's Toolkit or the State of Wyoming.
- Federal tax identification number (EIN). An EIN is required for LLCs that will have employees. Additionally, most banks require an EIN in order to open a business bank account.
- State tax identification number. Wyoming does not require a state tax identification number.
Business licenses and/or permits are required for most businesses. The BizFilings Business License Application Package can help you stay on top of these requirements.
Additional Wyoming information
View the following additional resources BizFilings has for forming and maintaining companies in Wyoming:
Explore BizFilings' Services