There are numerous organizations, websites, and blogs devoted specifically to helping women develop and grow a business. Whether you're looking for ideas, information on home-based businesses, start-up advice, or seed money, use the Internet to help you find what you need.
Our favorite online resources
- National Association of Women Business Owners. Founded in 1975, the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) is the unified voice of over 9 million women-owned businesses in the United States.
- The Reinvention Institute. The Reinvention Institute™ is a dynamic organization devoted to helping successful professionals and companies transform their businesses, their careers, or their lives.
- National Women's Business Council. The National Women's Business Council is a bi-partisan federal advisory council created to serve as an independent source of advice and policy recommendations to the President, Congress, and the U.S. Small Business Administration on economic issues of importance to women business owners. The Council's mission is to promote bold initiatives, policies and programs designed to support women's business enterprises at all stages of development in the public and private sector marketplaces -- from start-up to success to significance.
- Women's Business Development Center. Founded in 1986, the Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) provides services and programs that support and accelerate women’s business ownership and strengthen their impact on the economy by creating jobs, fueling economic growth, and building strong communities.
- Office of Women's Business Ownership. The Office of Women’s Business Ownership (OWBO) exists to establish and oversee a network of Women’s Business Centers (WBCs) throughout the United States and its territories. Through the management and technical assistance provided by the WBCs, entrepreneurs, especially women who are economically or socially disadvantaged, are offered comprehensive training and counseling on a vast array of topics in many languages to help them start and grow their own businesses.
- Business Owner's Toolkit. With an emphasis on problem-solving dating back to 1995, Business Owner’s Toolkit® offers free cost-cutting tips, step-by-step checklists, real-life case studies, startup advice, and business templates to small business owners and entrepreneurs. The site also offers a monthly newsletter and Ask Toolkit, a column that provides trusted advice to inquiring site visitors.