State Taxes

Learn more about keeping your business compliant with state tax requirements.

Understanding Personal Income Tax in Montana

Montana personal income tax is discussed.

If you are a resident or nonresident of Montana and receive taxable income individually from property owned or business transacted in Montana, you are subject to tax on net income. Therefore, if you are operating your business as an S corporation, partnership, limited liability company, or sole proprietorship, you will be subject to a personal income tax on your business income that passes through to you.

The following 2012 Montana personal income tax rates apply to all filing statuses:

Taxable Income Amount of Tax
Over $0, but not over $2,700 1% of taxable income
Over $2,700, but not over $4,800 2% less $27
Over $4,800, but not over $7,300 3% less $75
Over $7,300, but not over $9,900 4% less $148
Over $9,900, but not over $12,700 5% less $247
Over $12,700, but not over $16,400 6% less $374
$16,400 and over 6.9% less $522

Category : Tax Center
Tags :
Load more comments

Need Help?

Our experts are always available M-F 8:00-7:00 CT.

800-981-7183's Video