Office Management & HR

Learn more about the resources available for Office & HR.

Utah Rules for Employing Minors

Filed under Office & HR.

Employers in Utah must conform with these state rules relating to the employment of minors.

Minors seeking employment in occupations in areas that might otherwise be harmful if not controlled must file an application for an employment certificate. The Labor Division will ascertain or establish the hours or conditions of labor and employment, or both, for those situations.

Application for a certificate must be made in writing and the Labor Division will review all requests for certificates and issue a certificate to be signed by the Division Director.

Need Help?

Our experts are always available M-F 8:00-7:00 CT.


20% off ADP Payroll Services

Manage your cash flow with ADP's payroll service. Includes direct deposit, tax filing, and general ledger interface.