Office Management & HR

Learn more about the resources available for Office & HR.

Vermont Rules for Employing Minors

Filed under Office & HR.

Employers in Vermont must conform with these state rules relating to the employment of minors.

In Vermont, minors under 16 need an employment certificate to be employed. Certificates are issued by the Commissioner of Labor and Industry.

Certificates are not needed during vacation periods or before or after sessions of school when employment is not otherwise prohibited.

Need Help?

Our experts are always available M-F 8:00-7:00 CT.


20% off ADP Payroll Services

Manage your cash flow with ADP's payroll service. Includes direct deposit, tax filing, and general ledger interface.